When your garage door malfunctions, the first thought that comes to mind is how much it will cost to repair it?
You can determine the cost of a garage door repair by the scope of the work. Also, the parts you need, the type and size of your garage door, and the service fee are all determining factors.
So let’s look at how much garage repair should cost you. We did our best to estimate these costs by basing them on current garage part prices and then adding extra for the service fee. The idea is to help you gauge the general cost of what your garage door repair might cost you.
Typical Garage Door Repair Costs
The average cost for garage door repair in the United States is roughly between $150 and $350. Does that imply that this is how much you’ll spend? Certainly not.
Let’s now look at individual parts of your garage door that may need repairing and how much they might cost:
- Garage Door Springs – Most garage door springs range in price from $50 to $100. Expect to pay between $200 and $300 for two springs, including supplies and labor.
- Garage Cable – You will need to replace a damaged cable, which will cost between $150 and $200. Although garage door cables are affordable, the price is high due to the time and work a professional needs to replace one.
- Sensor Misalignment – If the door doesn’t close, the sensor may be misaligned or blocked. The price for this type of repair could be from $50 to $75; unless you can realign the sensors yourself.
- Track Issues – A bent track costs between $125 and $150 to repair or replace.
- Noisy Garage Door – If your garage door is grinding or screeching, dirt removal or lubrication on the tracks may be all you need to do. If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to pay a small fee for a professional to do it.
- Broken Glass – The cost of repairing a glass panel could be $75, while the glass itself may be as little as $25.
- Circuit Board – It costs around $100 to replace the circuit board, including resetting the remotes that open and close your garage door.
- Hinges and Rollers – Expect to pay $10 to $15 for each damaged or broken roller, with hinges costing around $10 apiece.
It’s easy to find garage repair specialists online. For example, if you live in Ohana, you could type into a search engine: Ohana Garage Door Repair. Or a looser search term could be “garage door repair near me.” Also, if you have a specific garage issue, like one with your springs, you could type “garage door spring repair.”
Garage Door Repair Costs Explained
You should now have a better idea about the costs you can expect to incur when you need garage door repair. It’s always worth considering whether you can buy the parts yourself and carry out the work. If not, call in reputable professionals.
Thanks for checking out this post. For more helpful tips and info, check out our blog.