The most embarrassing moment of your life is someone visiting your house and seeing flies over food and other areas. Their first thing that comes into their mind is how dirty these people are. Flies are the worst enemies that bother in summers. If you stay in a pleasant summer city, you will always have to face insects and flies. The only way of chasing them out is by insecticide or manually.
Smart people avoid harmful chemicals and look for fly screen doors and windows. Premier Screens supply and install high-quality fly and insect screens. It is a UK based company that has been supplying a wide range of screens for over 25 years. Whether you need fly screens for your kitchen at home or commercial fly screens for the cafeteria in your office, they can customize the product to provide the best result.
The most irritating moment is the house flies buzzing near your ears while you’re in deep sleep. What else can get onto your nerves? Even for businesses, it impacts on consumer’s health if flies sit on food. Flies transmit diseases to different locations. They stay in untidy places and fly around to find food thereby transmitting germs and bacteria like roaches.
Flies are different from other insects. Their breeding, moving and feeding habits are different and interesting. Here are few facts about flies that you would enjoy knowing –
- Flies live on a liquid-based diet. This means when they find solid food they spill their digestive juice on it to break down the food into smaller pieces so that flies can drink the meal.
- They can eat anything from human food to faeces and garbage.
- Since they live on a liquid diet, therefore they excrete easily and frequently. It is said that they excrete every time they land, which can be on your food, plate, floor, etc.
- Due to their excreting and feeding habit, they can spread infection and disease by contaminating food and utensils. They carry harmful bacteria that can lead to E.coli, and Salmonella, dysentery, cholera, typhoid, etc.
- One housefly lasts not more than 30 days. However, even within those 30 days, they live their life to the fullest, by laying 500 eggs, in 75 to 150 batches.
- House flies reaction time is faster than a human being. If we as humans can process 60 images in a second, they can process 250 images in a second.
- Flies lay their eggs on rotten fruit, remains, and faeces. They do this so that the maggots can survive on something after they hatch from eggs.
- During day time they will rest on floors, walls, and ceiling inside the house and outside they will rest on corners, edges, etc. at night they prefer resting near food that can be garbage areas, ground, plant, fences, etc.
The best way of avoiding flies is by installing fly screens on doors and windows. If you use insecticides they can be harmful to your pets and kids, but fly screen doors can always protect your home and family.